makeChangeoClone - Generate a ChangeoClone object for lineage construction
makeChangeoClone takes a data.frame with AIRR or Change-O style columns as input and
masks gap positions, masks ragged ends, removes duplicates sequences, and merges
annotations associated with duplicate sequences. It returns a
object which serves as input for lineage reconstruction.
makeChangeoClone( data, id = "sequence_id", seq = "sequence_alignment", germ = "germline_alignment", v_call = "v_call", j_call = "j_call", junc_len = "junction_length", clone = "clone_id", mask_char = "N", max_mask = 0, pad_end = FALSE, text_fields = NULL, num_fields = NULL, seq_fields = NULL, add_count = TRUE, verbose = FALSE )
- data.frame containing the AIRR or Change-O data for a clone. See Details for the list of required columns and their default values.
- name of the column containing sequence identifiers.
- name of the column containing observed DNA sequences. All sequences in this column must be multiple aligned.
- name of the column containing germline DNA sequences. All entries
in this column should be identical for any given clone, and they
must be multiple aligned with the data in the
- name of the column containing V-segment allele assignments. All entries in this column should be identical to the gene level.
- name of the column containing J-segment allele assignments. All entries in this column should be identical to the gene level.
- name of the column containing the length of the junction as a numeric value. All entries in this column should be identical for any given clone.
- name of the column containing the identifier for the clone. All entries in this column should be identical.
- character to use for masking and padding.
- maximum number of characters to mask at the leading and trailing
sequence ends. If
NULLthen the upper masking bound will be automatically determined from the maximum number of observed leading or trailing Ns amongst all sequences. If set to
0(default) then masking will not be performed.
TRUEpad the end of each sequence with
mask_charto make every sequence the same length.
- text annotation columns to retain and merge during duplicate removal.
- numeric annotation columns to retain and sum during duplicate removal.
- sequence annotation columns to retain and collapse during duplicate
removal. Note, this is distinct from the
germarguments, which contain the primary sequence data for the clone and should not be repeated in this argument.
TRUEadd an additional annotation column called
collapse_countduring duplicate removal that indicates the number of sequences that were collapsed.
- passed on to
TRUE, report the numbers of input, discarded and output sequences; otherwise, process sequences silently.
A ChangeoClone object containing the modified clone.
The input data.frame (
data) must columns for each of the required column name
clone. The default values are as follows:
id = "sequence_id": unique sequence identifier.
seq = "sequence_alignment": IMGT-gapped sample sequence.
germ = "germline_alignment": IMGT-gapped germline sequence.
v_call = "v_call": V segment allele call.
j_call = "j_call": J segment allele call.
junc_len = "junction_length": junction sequence length.
clone = "clone_id": clone identifier.
Additional annotation columns specified in the
seq_fields arguments will be retained in the
data slot of the return
object, but are not required. If the input data.frame
data already contains a
sequence, which is not used as the
seq argument, then that
column will not be retained.
The default columns are IMGT-gapped sequence columns, but this is not a requirement. However, all sequences (both observed and germline) must be multiple aligned using some scheme for both proper duplicate removal and lineage reconstruction.
The value for the germline sequence, V-segment gene call, J-segment gene call,
junction length, and clone identifier are determined from the first entry in the
respectively. For any given clone, each value in these columns should be identical.
# Example data db <- data.frame(sequence_id=LETTERS[1:4], sequence_alignment=c("CCCCTGGG", "CCCCTGGN", "NAACTGGN", "NNNCTGNN"), germline_alignment="CCCCAGGG", v_call="Homsap IGKV1-39*01 F", j_call="Homsap IGKJ5*01 F", junction_length=2, clone_id=1, c_call=c("IGHM", "IGHG", "IGHG", "IGHA"), duplicate_count=1:4, stringsAsFactors=FALSE) # Without end masking makeChangeoClone(db, text_fields="c_call", num_fields="duplicate_count")
An object of class "ChangeoClone" Slot "data": sequence_id sequence c_call duplicate_count collapse_count 1 C NAACTGGN IGHG 3 1 2 A CCCCTGGG IGHG,IGHM 3 2 Slot "clone":  "1" Slot "germline":  "CCCCAGGG" Slot "v_gene":  "IGKV1-39" Slot "j_gene":  "IGKJ5" Slot "junc_len":  2
# With end masking makeChangeoClone(db, max_mask=3, text_fields="c_call", num_fields="duplicate_count")
An object of class "ChangeoClone" Slot "data": sequence_id sequence c_call duplicate_count collapse_count 1 A NNNCTGNN IGHA,IGHG,IGHM 10 4 Slot "clone":  "1" Slot "germline":  "CCCCAGGG" Slot "v_gene":  "IGKV1-39" Slot "j_gene":  "IGKJ5" Slot "junc_len":  2